Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Quilt Retreat Fun!

This weekend was so much fun and productive! I joined several friends up at the Quilted Steeple near Lone Rock, IA for four days of quilting fun. There were a lot of laughs and even some tears shed from laughing too hard. Hopefully I can get back up there for another retreat soon!


We arrived Thursday and was able to finish up a Quilts of Valor quilt. I like how it turned out. Now I need to find some backing fabric for it.


On Thursday and Friday, I worked on my Moda Be My Neighbor Quilt. This was a free pattern that I found on Bear Creek Quilting Company's website. I had a lot of fun with this one. I still need to do some applique to it to finish the top. That will be a challenge since I have never done applique before.




The final project that I finished was a Chicago Cubs quilt that I plan on giving as a wedding gift in June. Hopefully the bride and groom will like it!

I worked on a few other projects and made some good progress on those. I was also given some more scraps. I can't wait to get started on some more projects with them! Hopefully my longarm will be fixed soon so I can get some of these tops quilted. They are starting to pile up again!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment