Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Quilt Retreat Preparations

Chicago Cubs Quilt Layout

With an upcoming quilt retreat quickly approaching, I have been staying busy by cutting projects up for the retreat. For me, it is better to cut everything up prior to going. I can focus better on measurements at home and have less of a chance of messing up. I have seen quite a few mistakes happen at retreats because of people too busy chatting and not paying attention to what they are cutting. The mistakes can be costly.

One of the projects I plan to bring with me to the retreat is a Chicago Cubs quilt. It is going to be a gift in a couple of months, so I thought it would be a good one to take with me. This is one of the few attempts I have made using coordinating fabric. I would rather be scrap quilting, but I need to branch out and work on other skills. Besides, not everyone is a fan of scrap quilts.

So far, I am right on track with getting my quilt projects ready for the retreat. I still have a couple of projects to go, but I don't think I will have any issues getting them done. In fact, I may be able to get a quilt top done before I even go.

No comments:

Post a Comment