Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Harley Davdison Quilt Layout


It seems like every t-shirt quilt has it's unique challenges ranging from too few shirts to shirts of various sizes (kids small & adult large in the same quilt). What do you do when you have mostly black shirts and there a lot of them? I know the answer would normally be to add sashing. The quilt is already going to be a pretty good size quilt so that wasn't the answer, plus the person I am making this for doesn't want it. I finally came up with this layout, trying to alternate the really greyed out shirts with the darker ones and spreading the other colors around. I still have eleven blocks left over which I plan on adding to the back of the quilt. I hope to have this one done by the end of the year. We will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment