Scrap Dive Quilts

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Selvage Quilt Top Complete

 It seems like the first part of 2019 has been a busy one. I've got a few tops done but haven't got anything loaded on the longarm yet. Something that I need to keep in mind is that I've been working on a few projects that are time consuming. For example, this selvage quilt top took a little bit longer than expected. I've also been doing quite a bit of cutting getting ready for the retreat at the end of the month.


One thing that I started last Sunday were these hourglass blocks. I plan on taking these with me to Texas next week and get them trimmed up. It will be a good hotel project! One thing that I noticed while making these is how much more accurate my points are. The hourglass quilt that I made last year had quite a few points that didn't line up at all. It is nice to see my skills improving! I know that I am far from perfect. My thought is to make the best quilt I possibly can with the skills I have at that point in time. 


I should get back to quilting. I probably need at least another 300 hourglass blocks. 

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment