Scrap Dive Quilts

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Patriotic Big Wonky Stars Quilt Complete

Yesterday I was able to finish my Patriotic Big Wonky Stars Quilt, by Missouri Star Quilt Company. Once again, I had the top done for a while. My motivation for finishing it came from the fact that I wanted to use some of the leftover backing fabric for another Quilts of Valor project. I had get the backing and batting cut and ready for the long arm. Since it was all ready to go, I figured that I might as well get it done. 


While I like it the way it is, I should have added a border. I think with a border, it would have made it look even better. The next time I make one, I will add a border. It is a quick and easy project to do. 

Big Wonky Stars Quilt Tutorial

On a different note, I drove up to Humbolt to the variety store tonight. They have a great selection of quilt backing at decent price. Since I have so many projects piling up again, I wanted to get backing fabric for some of them I ended spending way too much money but I got everything I needed and then some!


I ended up buying 32 yards of quilt backing fabric. It should keep me busy for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment