Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Military Uniform Quilt Top Complete!

Military Uniform Quilt Top
I spent much of the weekend working on an Air Force quilt made out of old uniforms. I've been wanting to do one for quite a while now, so it was nice to finally get going on it. There are a couple of things I learned on this quilt. The hunter's star quilt block may not be the best block for a quilt like this due to the fact that there was quite a bit of bulk due to the thickness of the uniform, even with pressing the seams open, I do like the the look of the blocks so maybe it isn't the end of the world. I also learned that if you are going to be commissioned to make a quilt out of military uniforms, you will need quite a few to make a decent size quilt. Overall, I am pretty happy with the way this has turned out. My longarm is still down so I will just add this to the pile of tops I have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment