Scrap Dive Quilts

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Vintage Sewing Machine Finds!

I didn't think I would be hauling home three old sewing machines this week, but here I am! I stopped at the Family Quilt Shop yesterday to talk to the ladies and three sewing machines were sitting there, taking up space. Two of them were in cabinets. I asked Cindy what was going on with them. She said that someone had dropped them off and just wanted to find a home for them. There were originally four, but someone took one by the time I stopped in. I wasn't really sure if I wanted one so I decided to think on it last night. I figured that someone would have at least taken one, but when I stopped by the quilt shop today, all three of them were still there. I finally decided to take all of them. I think I will work on them when I get time. There is no hurry or timelines to meet so they can just sit there in the house. 


This Morse 600 is my favorite of the three. It is in serious need of a cleaning and the belt is cracked. I love the color. I will probably try to get this one working first.


The Singer Model 500A is a great machine to look at. I couldn't resist taking it home. This is the only one that didn't have a cabinet. 


The Free Westinghouse is another great machine to look at. I'm going to have to do some research on it to see how old it is. 


Speaking of free, all of these machines didn't cost me a thing! At least for now, until I take them somewhere to get them looked at, cleaned and running. Maybe I will get lucky and they won't need much work. We will see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment