Scrap Dive Quilts

Friday, December 28, 2018

Big Wonky Stars Quilt Top Complete

Sometimes you just need a quick and easy quilt to work on. This only took a few hours to put together. I've been working on a few quilts that have been taking a lot of time to put together and it seems like I haven't accomplished much lately. It's nice to finish something. This pattern is from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8Z-Zuad2A 


I used yardage instead of a layer cake. I already had several 10 inch squares already cut up, so it was pretty quick to lay it out. I will probably use this as a Quilt of Valor. I checked and it meets the minimum size requirements. I also thought about adding a border. I will have to play with some fabrics to see if something will work. I know I have some quilt backing that will already work. 

This weekend, I will be working on getting caught up on projects. I have several quilts that I am trying to get cut up and bagged for a quilt retreat in February. I also want to organize some of my stash that is currently in disarray. I know there are a few totes that are half full. It's time to condense. I also need to vacuum my sewing room. So many things to do, so little time!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment