Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Birch Tree Quilt Top Complete


It doesn't seem like I have gotten anything accomplished the last couple of weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have about eight projects going on at the same time. Today, I finally finished this birch tree quilt top using scraps out of this year's scrap dive from the quilt show in October. I found a free pattern on the Stash Bee Blog at http://stashbee.blogspot.com/2014/01/hive-2-january-block-tutorial.html As I was working on this project, I realized that this pattern would have been a pretty good leader and ender project. If I make another one, I think that's what I will do. I will get all of the strips sewn together while working on other quilts and then finish the blocks later. 


I love free patterns. I am trying to think if I ever bought a pattern and I cant think of a time where I bought one. I do have a few books and magazines but most of those were given to me. I do spend quite a bit of time searching the internet finding free quilt patterns. I have a jump drive that I have saved them to. I also have quite a few quilt ideas pinned on Pinterest as well. For me, I would rather spend money on fabric than patterns! 

Now that I've had a quick break, I better get back to quilting! Seven more projects to get finished up!

No comments:

Post a Comment