Scrap Dive Quilts

Monday, December 31, 2018

Scrappy Pinwheel Quilt Top Complete

For whatever reason, I love older fabrics. I'm not talking about 30's or Civil War Reproduction prints, although I do love them, but in a different way. I'm talking about piece of fabric from 1993 that never got used or yardage from 1997 with the ticket still stapled onto it. I love the old ugly fabrics from those decades that no one quite knows what to do with.


I often wonder what the original buyer had in mind when they purchased the fabric. I also wonder why it sat in someone's stash for decades before finally being used. I always feel good about dragging these fabrics out and finding a way to use them in a quilt. I sometimes feel like a fabric rescuer. 


I know I have found tags older than these before. 


Some selvage to add to the bin.

I like how this scrappy pinwheel quilt top turned out. I debated on using sashing in between the blocks, but in the end I thought it was fine without it. 

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment