Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Quilt Retreat Recap

It always seems like at every quilt retreat I think I am going to get a lot more done than I actually do. The only other thing I accomplished this weekend was getting all of the blocks done for my patriotic string quilt. I was originally planning on making 80 blocks but decided to make 48 and plan to add borders on. I think it will look better that way. 


I forgot to take a picture of the only top I finished this weekend. Quite a few people at the retreat liked my scrappy Irish chain quilt. This is the fourth one I have made. It is an easy quilt that consists of two different blocks. It is also a good quilt to use up 2 inch squares. 


Finally, I thought this was a great quilt retreat. It was at the fairgrounds this time and since it was close to home, I was able to go home and sleep in my own bed. I was also able to run home really quick a couple of time to get a couple of things I needed. It was nice to be able to pack just a few projects knowing that home was just a few minutes away. I didn't have to pack the entire quilt room like I normally do!

No comments:

Post a Comment