Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, September 30, 2018

So Many Quilts!

As our quilt show quickly approaches at the end of October, it seems like I am spending every moment working on quilts. After this past weekend, I feel like the pile of quilt tops have shrunk significantly. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! Now I just can't see my couch with all of the finished quilts on it!

I tend to do quite a bit of repeat patterns, especially if it is a easy pattern or one I like. I like to use different colored backgrounds or sashing to get a different look. 

 This sawtooth star quilt is my favorite one of this bunch. When I was making it, I was afraid there was going to be too much green in it. Once I put the blue sashing on, it was fine.


This quilt goes by a couple of different names. I found that it can be named either stoplight or keyhole quilt. It is a simple pattern that uses 2 1/2 inch squares and strips. I like easy patterns that don't produce a lot of waste!

 This sampler quilt was fun to do. The yellow binding isn't as bright as the picture shows. I blame it on the lighting!


This fretwork quilt was fun to do. I have another one that needs finished. Hopefully I can get to it soon. 

Another cowboy boot quilt. I didn't really want to use orange cornerstones, but that is all I had when I was overseas. Sometimes you have to work with what you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment