Scrap Dive Quilts

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt Complete


This quilt was a fun one! Last year at a retreat, we all took turns grabbing as many scraps out of a bin within 10 seconds. I spied these blocks and attempted to get as many as I could. I think we each went up two or three times. I know a few of my fellow quilters gave me a couple of blocks they pulled from the bin. When I got home with them, I was about short about six blocks and there were a few that weren't even complete. I ended up adding some scraps that looked like it would belong in the quilt. Luckily I have a wide selection of older fabrics! I also ended up taking apart some of the blocks since the seam allowance was way off and they weren't big enough for a block. Once I sewed them with a quarter inch seam, they were much better. Even though this quilt is far from perfect, I like it. I feel like I saved it from the scrap bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment